Supply and Logistics Management Health Specialist (TSHIP) Nigeria
TSHIP (Targeted States High Impact Projects) is a five-year program focused on the improvement of Health Systems and the Management of Health Systems for higher quality Maternal, Neonatal and Child Health. Family Planning, and Reproductive Health service delivery in Nigeria. TSHIP is funded by the United States Agency for International Development (USAID) and implemented by a group of foreign and local non-governmental organizations consisting of John Snow Research & Training Institute, Inc. (JSI), Center for Development & Population Activities (CEDPA), Futures Group International LLC, JHPIEGO, and Management Strategies for Africa (MSA).
The Targeted States High Impact Project (TSHIP) Nigeria is recruiting to fill the below position:
Position: Supply and Logistics Management Health Specialist
Job Location: Bauchi
- Responsible for ensuring adequate supply of commodities to the service delivery points at all times and ensuring Zero stock-outs;
- Work with the M&E officer to track commodity stock at each service delivery point;
- Work with the DELIVER and SCMS project to improve the supply chain management system throughout the state;
- Responsible for the overall provision and/or coordination of drug management and logistics technical assistance under the Project;
- Serve as the technical logistics advisor, supporting improved service delivery from the logistics perspective;
- Provide specific, targeted, short term technical assistance as needed;
- Build the supply chain management capacity within the health system;
- Provide overall logistics management advice to various public health commodity programs;
- Identify the need for specialized logistics technical assistance and coordinate this assistance and other logistics technical support when provided;
- Coordinate with all donor organizations and with the SMOH to ensure rational and timely procurement of drugs and medical supplies and use of donor resources. Serve on donor commodity coordination committees as requested;
- Represent logistics perspectives in policy discussions and decision making;
- Encourage continuous performance improvement in logistics for staff throughout the system, but particularly at the district and provincial levels, in order to ensure the availability of drugs and medical supplies;
- Provide logistics technical expertise, as needed and agreed, to local institutions, in the development and institutionalization logistics management; and
- Other duties as assigned.
- Post-graduate degree in public health, in logistics or with equivalent experience with health systems.
- Ten years of international public health logistics management experience, preferably in Africa.
- Proven ability for collaborating successfully with counterparts, government organizations and related stakeholders.
- Demonstrated ability to be both a team player and to lead teams and to organize multiple and simultaneous sets of activities.
- Strong community ties and demonstrated ability to work with communities, WARD development committees, LGA leadership and SMOH technical staff. Must have the confidence of the client.
- Clear understanding of public health issues and challenges in resource poor settings in Northern Nigeria.
- Computer skills including Microsoft Word, Excel, and Access; ability to produce accurate reports and data on activities.
- Excellent communication skills in local languages; ability to give clear instructions; good English writing skills an asset.
- Commitment to working toward the goals of the SMOH and the TSHIP program.
- Willingness and ability to travel extensively in the field, under at times suboptimal conditions.
Application Closing Date
13th September, 2012
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here and apply online