See Five Resolutions Southern Leaders Made After Meeting Osinbajo | Alertnaija.com
The Leaders from southern Nigeria on Sunday met with Nigeria's Acting President Yemi Osinbajo in Abuja over the social unrest caused by the ultimatum given **to Igbos (and by extension all southerners, according to the elders) by northern youths to vacate the area before the 1st of October 2017.
After the four-hour meeting, the southern leaders issued a communique which announced the following decisions:
- The three southern geo political zones- south-east, south-west and south-south forged a union such that the entire issue is now one of Southern and Northern Nigeria.
- They demanded that any further discussion on the crisis should be between the entire South and the North of Nigeria.
- They demanded the restructuring of Nigeria.
- They demanded the implementation (or concrete steps towards it) of the **2014 National Conference report before October 1, 2017.
- They demanded that Arewa youths withdraw the 3-month quit notice.**