Ministry of Science and Technology
The vision of the Ministry is to make Nigeria, in the nearest future, an acknowledged member of the fast developing Scientific and Technologically progressive nations of the world and to be the Africa’s Leader in Scientific and technological development.
Our mission is to chart the course of scientific and technological development of the nation through:
- Planned and guided Research and Development (R&D) in all areas of Science and Technology
- Keeping abreast with latest progress in Research and Development (R & D) in Science and Technology among industrial and educational communities within the country, the sub-region and overseas
- Ensuring that the various R & D efforts of public Science and Technology establishments fit in with the overall development plan of the nation
- Linkage of researchers and their establishments with entrepreneurs for commercialization of successful research results
- Utilising the facilities of Technology Incubation (TI) and Science and Technology Parks (STP) to nurture new projects especially in areas of national priority
- Promotion of projects that are strategic to the cause of aggregate national development
- Advising Government on S & T policy matters
- Centre for Adaptation of Technology (CAT), Awka ,Anambra State
- Centre for Basic Space and Technology Education (CBSTE), Ile-Ife, Osun State.
- Centre for Energy Research and Development Ile-Ife (CERDI), Osun State
- Centre for Energy Research and Development Zaria (CERDZ), Kaduna State.
- Centre for Energy Research, Sokoto , Sokoto State.
- Centre for Energy and Training (CET), Nsukka ,Enugu State.
- Centre for Geodesy and Geodynamics (CGG), Bauchi State
- Federal College of Chemical and Leather Technology (CHELTEC), Zaria ,Kaduna State.
- Centre for Satellite Technology Development (CSTD), Abuja
- Centre for Space Science (CSS), Nsukka ,Enugu State.
- Centre for Space Transport and Propulsion (CSTP), Lagos Lagos State.
- Energy Commission of Nigeria (ECN), Abuja
- Engineering Materials Development Institute (EMDI), Akure ,Ondo State.
- Federal Institute of Industrial Research (FIIRO), Oshodi, Lagos State.
- Hydraulic Equipment Development Centre (HEDEC)
- National Agency for Science and Engineering Infrastructure (NASENI)
- National Biotechnology Development Agency (NABDA)
- National Centre for Genetic Resources and Biotechnology (NACGRAB)
- National Centre for Remote Sensing (NCRS)
- National Centre for Technology Management (NACETEM)
- National Engineering Design Development Centre (NEDDEC)
- National Information Technology Development Agency (NITDA)
- National Office for Technology Acquisition and Promotion (NOTAP)
- National Research Institute for Chemical Technology, Zaria (NARICT)
- National Space Research and Development Agency (NASRDA)
- Nigerian Building and Road Research Institute, Abuja (NBBRI)
- Nigerian Institute of Science Laboratory Technology (NISLT)
- Nigerian Institute for Trypanosomiasis Research, Kaduna (NITR)
- Nigerian Natural Medicine Development Agency (NNMDA)
- Projects Development Institute (PRODA)
- Raw Materials Research and Development Council (RMRDC)
- Regional Programme for Technology Management (REPTEM)
- Scientific Equipment Development Institute Enugu (SEDIE)
- Scientific Equipment Development Institute Minna (SEDIM)
- Sheda Science and Technology Complex (SHESTCO)
- Technology Incubation Centre Aba (TICAB)
- Technology Incubation Centre Akure (TICAK)
- Technology Incubation Centre Bauchi (TICBA)
- Technology Incubation Centre Benin (TICBE)
- Technology Incubation Centre Birnin-Kebbi (TICBK)
- Technology Incubation Centre Calabar (TICCA)
- Technology Incubation Centre Kano (TICKA)
- Technology Incubation Centre Lagos (TICLA)
- Technology Incubation Centre , Maiduguri (TICMA)
- Technology Incubation Centre Minna (TICMI)
- Technology Incubation Centre Nnewi (TICNN)
- Technology Incubation Centre Sokoto (TICSO)
- Technology Incubation Centre Uyo (TICUY)
- Technology Incubation Centre Warri (TICWA)
Federal Secretariat Towers (5th & 9th floors),
Shehu Shagari Way,Central Area, P.M.B. 331,
Fax: 09-5235204, 09-5233903