Globacom Nigeria Recruitment 2011
GloWorld Limited is Nigeria’s Second National Operator in GSM, Fixed, Broadband and Gateway services with subsidiaries in Nigeria, Republic of Benin, Ghana and other West African Countries. It has also launched the commercial services of Glo1 Submarine cable, which will revolutionise the efficiency of data services in Africa and the rest of the world. Ihe company is expanding its GSM Network in Nigeria and requires experienced IP/MPLS Engineers
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Electrical/Computer Engineer or other relevant discipline
- Must have CCNP/CCIP Certification.
- Minimum of 4 years experience in direct Network Engineering/Network Support in a Service Provider environment
- An in depth understanding of QoS Diffserv, Traffic Shaping and Traffic QoS Policy Implementation is required
- Understanding of GSM Packet Core Network Architecture
- Excellent practical experience of network security including Firewall and VPN
- Hands on experience in Huawei Routers, Firewall and Alcatel Routers will be an added advantage.
- Good knowledge of MPLS (LDP and RSVP-TE) and QoS is required.
- Knowledge of network management and monitoring tools (e.g Orion Net Solar-Winds, HP Open-View NNM, Info-Vista IP-NMS, Cisco LMS/ISC, Ethereal, Cacti)
- High level understanding of multi-services platforms, routing platforms, routing protocols ISIS/RIP/RSVP/OSPF/BGP/ IBGP/ and troubleshooting down to packet level
- Responsible for the maintenance of Core IP Backbone Network (IP/MPLS) and the Enterprise Network (Enterprise Edge and Aggregation)
- Ensure that SLA’s are met for all services
- Ensure system and services availability of the network on 24/7 basis
- Manage network fault and 2nd level escalations
- Ensure optimum performance of the network at all times with KPIs met.
- Ascertain that Acceptance tests are efficiently carried out and handover site to operations.
Method of Application
Qualified candidates should email their resume, possibly with a scanned passport photograph, within 7 days of this publication to email@example.com. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.